Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Meet the savior

On my last day taking pictures in Miami. I went to Dodge Island, from where i was going to capture Miami's epic skyline which I intended to put as the cover image of my magazine. This was a critical task, which needed to be done RIGHT.  "A picture is worth a thousand words." The cover image of a magazine is one of the most important ,if not the most important, component of the whole cover. It's plays a crucial role in drawing the readers attention, and ultimately making them want to consume our product.

The night before going to Dodge island, I checked the weather and there was 20-30% chance of rainfall late in the afternoon. Therefore I decided to go early in the morning. Although it said "late afternoon" there I was, 10:30 am, and there was a big black cloud blocking the sun light and coloring the scenic view with a grey hue.

This situation was completely out of hands and there was nothing I could do to modify it. Still I carried on with my task, just in case there was something I could do. Later that week I decided to talk to a fellow classmate (Vanessa Chiquito) about my issues with the pictures and she suggested me an editing app called Snapseed.

Snapseed has been my savior, my guardian angel, my real "mvp", however you want to call it. This app LEGIT saved my day. And as a proof I'll show you the following picture, which I am using as my cover image.


The picture in the left is the one I originally took. As you can see the image is completely impregnated with a grey hue. While the image on the right ,which I edited with Snapseed, displays the proper lighting. I must confess, that at the beginning I was daunted by the idea of editing, but the app resulted to be really easy to use and manage, in order to come with the your ideal picture. And trust me when I say it's super easy to navigate through. I am the least "tech savy" person.

Not only did I use this app to edit the cover image, but I'm also  using it to enhance the colors of my other images.

Catch me up in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment