Sunday, March 19, 2017

FOOD

Hello!!

Surprisingly, when I was compiling the research for my last post, I was looking at the Brickell City Centre semi-annual magazine, in which they include general facts of nearby restaurants. On them, an article named “Miami’s Top 3 Chefs” gave a brief background of each chef, the location of their restaurant, and the type of food they specialized on.

As a first option they presented Chef Bradley Kilgore, that although his dishes looked fantastic on the article, he’s restaurant is located at Wynwood. I’ll make sure i refer him to my partner Maria as an option for the restaurant section of her issue. As a second option the article presented the spanish Chef Jose Andres, the winner of the James Beard Award. These award known as “The Oscar’s of Food” annual recognizes chefs, wine professionals, cookbook authors and other food experts in the United States. Working in different areas of Miami, Andres now owns his own restaurant Bazaar Mar, at the SLS Brickell Hotel & Residences. His restaurant is identified as one of the “Miami’s most popular and lucrative restaurant”. Lastly, the article presented another James Beard Award winner, who also owns a restaurant at the SLS Brickell Hotel & Residences, Chef Michael Schwartz. Schwartz, is more inclined towards the Italian cuisine, but gives it an unusual approach, by imposing the “farm-to-the-table” concept.

As I researched on these chefs, individually, I realized that these guys are as busy as any doctor or engineer. Reading on Chef Andres, he presides over 25 RESTAURANTS throughout the nation in cities like Washington DC, LA, Las Vegas, and Philadelphia. I mean, that’s CRAZY!!! So, although I would LOVE to interview these chefs and gain further insight to the type of food they create and what they want to transmit to their clients, the probability that I could schedule an encounter with them, within the next three weeks is close to zero. I’ll still try and see if I'm lucky or if not, I could schedule an interview with the restaurant manager, which I’m sure he could help by providing general information relevant in my article.

Yet, I have other restaurants in mind, which are really popular in town and still provide their clients with a unique, tasteful experience. Among them I have “La Mar by Gaston Acurio”, “CVI.CHE 105”, “Perricone's”, “KOMODO” and “Tamarina Restaurant and Bar”.

I’ll keep you guys updated on how this one goes.



- Editor@miami.com, Fred Gonzalez |. "Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi'lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016." Miami.com. N.p., 17 Dec. 2016. Web. 20 Mar. 2017.
- McLaughlin, Katy (2009-12-10). "Restaurant of the Future?"Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2013-06-07.

No comments:

Post a Comment